Thank you for a lovely race, organisation was good, well sign posted and lots of marshalsSP
If you want to know about race logistics & rules then please read this page. Alternatively, take your chances and skip this bit, but don’t blame us if you miss the start or can’t park… Please also Like our Facebook page for all race updates. If you have a question after reading this page, please send us a Facebook message or an email.
- All runners must follow prevailing U.K. Government guidance relating to COVID-19 and the COVID-related procedures deatils on our COVID page. Those procedures take precedence over all other rules, including those on this page and race arrangements will be modified to ensure a COVID-secure race.
- By entering the race, all runners agree they understand and will abide by the information and rules detailed on this page.
- The race will start at 10:00 on Sunday 20th June 2021.
Prize giving will be at 11:30 at the church – please stay to support your fellow runners (or may be even collect a prize).COVID restrictions mean there will be no prize giving ceremony in 2021.
- Parking & registration will open at 08:00 on race day. Arrive promptly to ensure you are ready for the start but not before 08:00 otherwise the parking and race HQ will be locked!
- There is free parking in the village but only park in the designated area. If using a Sat Nav please follow directions to post code BH20 5PS. We recommend all cars drive via East Lulworth, i.e. take the B3070 to East Lulworth and then the C-road from East Lulworth to Coombe Keynes.
- A one-way system will be in operation in the village for cars’ entry and exit. Follow the signs and marshals’ directions and, to avoid congestion, avoid randomly stopping in the village (e.g. to say “hello” to mates or admire the thatched roofs, there’s plenty of time for that later).
- The village road will be closed from 09:30. After that time access will only be possble via East Lulworth. This adds 10 minutes to your journey so please allow for that. No exceptions will be made.
- The nearest railway station is Wool. There are usually taxis available at Wool station.
- On arrival, please go to the registration area in the marquee on the village green. You must arrive in time to register by 09:30 at the latest to ensure you get your number.
- A full briefing will be given immediately before the race.
- The Coombe Keynes 10K is run under ARC permit number 21/011.
- All runners will follow ARC’s rules for trail races plus the additional rules detailed on this page.
- ARC’s rules for 10K trail races require runners to be at least 16 years old. A junior runner is one aged 19 or under on the day of the race. Runners aged 40 or older are classed as veterans.
- Runners are not allowed to run with dogs because the track widths in places make this race unsuitable for dogs on leads.
- Headphones are not allowed unless they are bone conducting headphones that allows the runner to hear other runners and marshals.
- If, having entered, you are unable to run you may either transfer your place to another runner or defer to the following year. Transfers and deferrals will be allowed up to 7 days before the race. Refunds can not given because this is an event to raise money for charity.
- Spectators are welcome, and encouraged, and there is a grassy area where spectators can wait and watch the race.
- Refreshments (cold drinks, tea, coffee, cakes, etc) are available throughout the event.
- If you want to carry a water bottle then please bring one. To reduce our plastic waste there will be no water bottles on the water stations and all water will be in paper cups.
- The map below details the one-way system and location of facilities in the village. Zoom in (+ button) for more details of village facilities and zoom out (- button) to see Coombe Keynes’ location, or click here for a full screen version. No other facilities are available other than those shown on the map. Hint: no matter how many loos we provide there will be a queue 10 minutes before the race so plan ahead!
- Check the Course Map for the race route including distance markers, water station and pictures.